Saturday, May 4, 2019

Power Out

We had an unexpected power outage tonight.  it was about six o’clock when it happened and my son and I weren’t sure about it for the first few minutes.   We don’t know what the cause was, even now, which isn’t too uncommon with power outages these days.  

We reported it and I told my best friend to come on over with her children from the restaurant they were messaging me from.   They were out of power too it seemed.   Everyone came in shortly thereafter and I told them the power was scheduled to return by 9:30.  We spent a good portion of the time before it got dark outside with the dog and neighbors, catching up and throwing balls for the dog to chase.

Surprisingly, two power trucks came down our short cul-de-sac street and started making chain saw noises at the entrance to our neighbor’s driveway.  If there had been a downed tree in that area it might have made sense, but there were only a few low bushes.

We went inside and got glow sticks out for the children.   Just as we’d gotten things chemically lit up in the dining room, the power popped back on.   It was interesting how we all tried to figure out what to do in the dark and glow sticks was the only thing anyone could come up with.   We’re so conditioned to having power we don’t know what to do without it.

I texted my husband and told him about it.   He messaged me back, “we meed those Power Walls installed.”   We’ve ordered some Power Walls from Tesla, but they’re slow to arrive as they’re apparently in hight demand.   We’ve had them on order for I’m thinking close to eight months now.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came in after spending over a day with Nana and Papa and gave me a hug and told me he loved me.   He even said he missed me.   What a guy.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My husband told me my daughter is having a good time at the spring outing weekend camping trip with the Y Guides tribe she’s in.   She goes from being able to successfully interact with her friends to hanging back and wanting to be with her father.   Some of the time it’s hard for her to successfully play with her peers, although she tries hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment