Friday, May 17, 2019

Cane Quest: A Child’s Viewpoint

My daughter participated in something called Cane Quest several weeks ago.   It’s an event where you demonstrate your cane skills and receive points (or coins) based on your performance.   She seemed to have a good time, but I’m never really sure sometimes until I hear about things through the free writing she does at school.   Some of her work came home the other day with descriptions of the various things she’s done lately.   They’re so charming, hearing how she sees things from her perspective, that I love to post them here.









The Big Boy Update:  My son’s school had Spring Expo today.   He got out of school but we returned shortly thereafter for the school spring celebration, including performances.   I knew my son would be doing something from their music class in conjunction in part with the Spanish teacher, but I didn’t know what.  He pretended like he was going to be, “busy” but that I should “look for him when I heard music.”  He was very cute, dancing and singing with his classmates.   I sure wish I knew what the Spanish song, with gestures, was about.   The Spanish teacher introduced it in Spanish, of course.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The four-person swing we have on our play set seemed to be lifting up the leg of the A frame over the past week.   I had moved it to a new location, further out towards the edge of the set, but it shouldn’t have been lifting up.   I thought maybe it was because they had all grown over the winter and were heavier this spring, but then I saw it more dramatically lifting up so my husband and I went out to investigate.   It turns out the bolts hadn’t been tightened recently and play was being introduced in the parts of the set frame.   A bunch of tightened bolts later and the swing is back to bearing all sorts of high swinging weight with multiple children at the same time without incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment