Thursday, May 2, 2019

On FIre

My shoulder is on fire.   There are all kinds of pain.   Some kinds are pain, but they’re manageable, even if they might be fairly strong.   Then there are other kinds of pain that are just intolerable.   For example, a tiny little bit of sand in your eye can be absolutely miserable.   I saw my mother-in-law go through that kind of pain when we were in Hawaii.  I felt for her—such a small thing, and yet so very awful to have to deal with.

Another kind of pain is a tooth ache.   There is the kind that hurts if you put hot or cold on the tooth or chew hard things so you just avoid those things.   That kind of tooth pain can and is avoided by people for years and years—because going to the dentist is something they simply don’t want to do.   Then there is the jaw aching, infection or abscess type of pain that will send most dentist-fearful people in because it’s too extreme.

I can deal with lots of different types of pain, but sometimes it’s just too much.   This afternoon my right shoulder went haywire.   It’s the kind of pain I used to have before I had the spinal fusions.  It’s spasming muscles and inflammation that’s out of control.   It’s hard to get away from mentally and it’s exhausting.   I took a muscle relaxant earlier but it’s not helping so I’m taking a powerful NSAID and trying to go to sleep, although I’m not sure it will help.

My husband and daughter are going out of town for the weekend and I’m useless right now.  I feel badly, I should be helping him get ready.   I’ll try to help them pack in the morning.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son has a teacher workday tomorrow.   He’s happily playing a four player game on the computer right now something like stick man fights where you try to fling your body at the other stick men and do damage.   He is happily yelling at the screen in the basement.   I can hear him from upstairs.   Tomorrow he spends the day (and night) with Nana and Papa.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter went on a field trip to the zoo today.  Her father was a chaperone.   They decided there needed to be a lot more VI things at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment