Sunday, May 12, 2019

On Mother’s Day

We went to Nana and Papa’s house for Mother’s Day dinner today.   I’m not exactly sure how it happened other than I was texting with my mother-in-law a few days ago.   We got to talking about Mother’s Day and I asked if they were doing anything special (they weren’t) and that maybe we could all get together.   The next thing I know, she’s saying to arrive at 4:00 for an early dinner at their house.  

And who am I to refuse an offer for Mother’s Day dinner?   This morning my chidden both gave me very sweet presents they had been working on.   My daughter gave me a Love Jar with lots of sayings she’d written up in braille listing things she loves about me.   My son had made me a glass pendant at school and had made the most beautifully penned and drawn card.   We haven’t had a chance to see how he writes since he started the Adderall at school.   It’s a whole different thing, wholly better, more under control and just plain beautiful in comparison to his scratchy, messy writing.

Dinner was delightful and I think the highlight in part was a chance to speak to Aunt A and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day.  She is foster/adopting a child and we all wanted to wish her happy Mother’s Day too.   And while we know she can never take the place of his biological mother, we’re all so very happy they found each other.   We look forward to getting to know him soon.   Maybe we can Skype. They live across the country but Skype has a way of bringing people right into your living room.   Although I don’t know if he’s ready for the chaos that comes with my two children!

The Big Boy Update:  My son was very happy indeed that there is an Xbox available at Nana and Papa’s.   He wanted to show us a new Fortnite-esque game he’s started playing with his father.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is happy about the twin bed she has in her the bonus room upstairs at Nana and Papas.   She loves that Patrick, the very large stuffed dog from FAO Schwartz from my son’s childhood, resides on the bed while she’s not there.   Matisse liked Patrick.   Patrick dwarfs her in size.  

No comments:

Post a Comment