Saturday, May 18, 2019

My Trip To Hawaii

Here’s my daughter’s view of our Hawaii vacation:












Strange, the variation in color across the photos.   I took them all within a two minute period in the exact same place.   I wonder if it was cloud coverage coming and going and variations in sunlight?

The Big Boy Update:  My son had too much screen time today.   He had had a good week at school and hadn’t used any of the time he’d accrued.  He happily sat and watched some television (the same as I did when I was a child on Saturday mornings) and then he played some games.   He went out and played with his friends after lunch.   I remember when I was a child the limiting factor was that Saturday morning cartoons ended after a certain time and there was no reason to keep watching as the adult shows came on.   In today’s on-demand world of media, there is never a time the exact show you’re interested in isn’t available,   Save for the lack of Internet connectivity, which I informed my son we’ll have when we’re on the boat in July.   He said, “Mom, that’s barbaric!”   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and her friends got the baby pools out today, filled them with water and proceeded to get wet for hours in the back yard.   The dog got into one of the small pools for a while but, on deciding it was too much like a bath, she got out and sat, panting in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment