Monday, August 10, 2020

The Prophesy

The children got back into the swing of summer weekdays today with some reading and other work being a requirement before they could lounge about and listen to their audiobooks.  Blake came over and worked with them some while I did what I would have thought would have amounted to an hour or so of housework but ended up taking me until three-thirty instead.   The phrase, "it piles up" comes to mind, along side, "all the little things" as to why there was just more to be done than I anticipated. 

In the middle of the night I felt a wet spot on the bed that was odd.  The dog doesn't go to the bathroom in the house at all anymore.  I can't think of a single time she's had an accident in the past year.   She is in no great hurry to go outside seemingly ever, with me offering to let her out in the middle of the night only to have her stand on the porch and then come back in after a few minutes as though she couldn't be bothered to amble down the steps to get to the yard. 

So, finding a wet spot in the middle of the bed last night was an odd thing.  When I smelled it I got a whiff of dog food, not urine.   The only thing I can figure out is something bothered her stomach (she had been eating grass earlier in the day) and had vomited and then cleaned it up by eating it again. 

The wet area was superficial, mostly being on the fuzzy blanket I like on top of the comforter that my husband dislikes, flipping it off his side every night when he gets in bed.   I didn't really want to be sleeping with any residual biomatter on the bed from the dog so today I washed it all.   It was a good time to do so given that I don't remember how many months it's been since the comforter has been washed and I am always up for changing up for clean sheets. 

Undoing, washing, drying, and then resetting all the bedding sucked up a lot of time today but the bed smells fresh and the sheets are crisp.   I'm looking forward to going to bed already.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son wanted his hair cut and agreed last night to let me cut it today.  Blake, it turns out, has experience cutting hair so the two of us worked together to get my son's hair to a much shorter length and a more easily manageable style.   Blake and I, throwing all humility aside, congratulated ourselves on a job well done.  My son looks great and his hair cut looks like it was done by a professional.  Since it was only my third time cutting hair, ever, I count this as a big win.   He's pretty happy about the haircut as well

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  While visiting with my in-laws, my daughter wrote a poem that their neighbor, Susan, wrote down for her.   My daughter has been listening to lots of books lately about cat warriors.


No comments:

Post a Comment