Saturday, August 29, 2020

Sick Dog?

Our dog doesn't feel well.   She's done this before, where she goes outside and eats grass, which dogs can do for multiple reasons.   She has what I'd call a "sensitive stomach" because things just seem to bother all the way through the digestive tract.   We've tried multiple foods, including ones recommended by her veterinarian.   I think we have a good food option now and it typically works fine.   Something is up today, though. 

I've given her a small bit of antacid before and that's also helped.   Today though, nothing seems to work.   She's trying to get as close to me as she possibly can, following me around the house and looking very sad.   She's looking at me to fix the problem because that's what we do as owners and that's all she knows. 

I feel bad I can't diagnose what's going on and I can't make her feel better.   I got distracted after that last sentence when the "Contactless Delivery" pizza arrived at the front door and the doorbell was rung.   The dog is eating now.   I gave her the alternate food that we used before the current food to see if it would make a difference.   She's also not right up against my side, so that's a good sign as well. 

If I went upstairs to find the dog under the bed, with her hind legs partway out and under my husband's nightstand, then I'd know she was fine.   That's her go-to spot.   Or, alternately, keeping my husband's pillows warm that he prefers cool.   He doesn't mind her there, though.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a birthday party Google Meet call today.   It was a collection of boys who were all bouncing around the room and shouting various things about what was going on in their lives, how they're bored with COVID-19, and what video games each was currently playing.   One of them mentioned the dreaded words, "my YouTube channel."  My son would love a YouTube channel.   I don't know what he wants to put up there, most likely Minecraft.  I think the thought of other people looking at what he's doing is exciting to him. 

The TIny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter proudly showed me today some calluses she's acquired (built?) over the past several months of aggressive swinging in the back yard.   Today she got on top of the A-Frame, much to the dismay of our new neighbors, so she could adjust the height of one of the swings so Nora, their daughter, could reach the ground with her feet.   A few minutes later, she wanted to swap out swings and was back on top of the set, dropping the one swing down and asking me to hand her up the new chain.   I told the neighbors she was probably more careful than most children because of her situation (I used the word "situation" because my daughter was in earshot).   I said her proprioception was better than most children.   The father said, "oh, I would have been up there when I was a child too."   I agreed, so would I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment