Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Somedays There Is More, Somedays There is Less

There are times I have so much or so many things to write about I have to pick and choose them for what I'm going to write about here.   I push larger topics off to each of the children's update sections when I have something I deem the larger part of the post for the day.   I have good intentions of coming back to the other topics in future days that are "leaner" on interesting content from the world of our family.   Sometimes I do come back to the topics (which I always note in my blog post topic list, lest I forget them completely) but commonly by the time I get back to the topic list, the items are woefully out of date and it doesn't make sense to cover them anymore. 

Today is one of those days which seems to happen rarely here where I just don't have much to write about.   This happens fairly often, but when I sit down to write, "I don't have much to say" suddenly I realize there's something I do want to talk about.   Perhaps this is the curse of being a writer—having the need to write, even if you don't want to.   

I've read about it many times, where a writer, well after they've become either successful enough to not need to write or prolific enough that they don't have any more major stories to tell and yet they still have to write—because they're a writer, and that's what writers do, even if they don't want to anymore. 

Let's get this straight though; first, I'm not "successful" in a financial way from this blog.   It's my diary, which for some reason people find interesting enough to keep coming back and read (and I adore you all.). From a success standpoint, when I see that more than five people actually bother to read my ramblings, I count it as a success beyond measure.  I never expected this to be more than me talking to myself and my future children reading about what they did when they were young. 

From a prolific standpoint, I started using Grammarly one year ago on August 18th.  Since that time I've written over 1.1 million words, most of them here in this blog.   Considering I hated writing when I was in high school, fought to learn how to type, and disliked any class having to do with English or language, I would consider over a million words in a year prolific. 

Where was I going with this?  Ah yes, that I didn't have anything to write about but that usually when I don't, I find out that I do.   It would seem it happened again.   I do like writing something every day, although some stories are more fun to tell than others.   For those of you who stick with me here, reading these little diddies I post on a daily basis, thank you.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son is now obsessed with an audiobook series.  These books are only available on an app on the iPad.  He has carried it around all day—not heeding warnings from us about potentially dropping it.   He's in the backyard right now on a swing with the audiobook playing on the bench.  He's going to be sad when he finishes the series. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter got some sandals that surprised me.  She wanted the ones with the fluffy flower on them.   She has been taking care not to get them dirty.   Today, she asked if she could go play golf with her father.  She's in her tennis shoes on the late-day course with her father in the very hot heat.   The pretty sandals are safely at home so they don't get grass stains on them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment