Sunday, August 16, 2020

Chlorine with Pizza Iguanas, Snakes and Chandeliers

 If you're wondering what in the world that is, it's the dessert we were having after dinner last night.  I didn't realize the full extent of the "dish" the children had concocted with my husband until later, after the surprises from yesterday's birthday celebration was no longer something that had to be kept a secret.  

I knew, for example, that my husband and daughter were downstairs baking a cake because I could smell it.   The scent suffused the whole house so I didn't think it was something that needed to be kept secret, but my daughter was adamant they had been working on some chlorine downstairs.  

After the cake had been revealed and eaten, we got a full explanation of the name.   They had made Chlorine with Pizza Iguanas and Snakes.  They also had Chandeliers ready.  Follow the first letters, they had made Gramps: Cake with Purple Icing and Sprinkles.  On top of the cake were Chandeliers.  

Gramps blew out the Chandeliers with a hand fan, to protect us all in the case of cross-contamination.   We all had more of the cake today it was so good.   

The Big Boy Update: At dinner tonight my son was coming up with words that described people at the table.  Dad was 'bulky',  mom was 'thin', Gramps was 'wise', Mimi was optomistic and his sister was 'confident'

The Tiny Girl Chronicle:  My daughter had a difficult day behaviorally.   She's completely fine as long as Mimi is catering to every whim *or at least as many as possible.   My mother is very good at taking care of my daughter.   Patience and time-sharing are skills my daughter needs to work on heavily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment