Friday, March 23, 2018

Sashay

I was cleaning up from dinner the other night to boisterous sounds from the living room.   I wasn’t sure what was going on but I kept hearing my son say, “sashay!” followed by laughing.   Apparently he’d come up with a game he titled, “The Tackle Game” with my husband.  

In the game you were ’safe’ unless your secret word was said.   The secret word wasn’t that secret because everyone knew it.   He picked the word, ’sashay’ for some reason.   My daughter had the phrase, ‘french fry’.   My husband would say all sorts of words and then yell out one of their words and tackle them.  

Laughter followed.   Lots of laughter.   My husband is great with games like this with the children.   I’m good at cleaning up.   I’ve leveled up that skill over the years.   He’s much more fun than I am.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is coming in from tumbling class.   He loves tumbling.   His occupational therapist said he needs endurance activities to help burn some energy.   After free running or tumbling he seems to be in a better state of mind for the rest of the day.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was talking to me about having a bath the other day.   She said, “but I need a bath”.   Then she thought about it after I told her she didn’t have to have a bath unless she didn’t want to.   She said, “wait, I had a bath last night!”  That ended that conversation.   I guess she didn’t need a bath that much in her mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment