Friday, March 30, 2018

Did You Run From Boston to Here?

Today we travelled to be with my in-laws in Florida or our children’s spring break.   My husband’s two brothers and their families were also converting on my in-laws for the Easter weekend and holiday.   We didn’t start traveling until the afternoon though.   This morning my son’s school had the second Grandparent’s Day.   My parents went today and saw my son both in the classroom as well as sing and preform with his classmates.  

The flights were fairly without incident.   We arrived, got out bags, Nana picked us up.   Our other family had arrived on earlier flights and were at Nana and Papa’s house already.   As we were pulling into the driveway we saw Uncle Bob coming in from doing a run around the neighborhood.   My son knows Uncle Bob is good at running.   He got out of the car and said, “Did you run from Boston to here?”  

The Big Boy Update:  My son has learned how to “floss” or do “flossing” as a dance move.  Another class had the move in their routine for Grandparents day.   He’s pretty good at it.   My son tried to teach both me and his sister.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   We had just arrived at the airport.   Our parking space wasn’t a long walk from the terminal.    Everything was going smoothly with no one complaining, dawdling or losing their temper.  Then, my daughter slowed down and said, ‘ow, my bunions hurt”.    I laughed.   I couldn’t help it.   But in the rush of the pedestrian traffic I don’t think she realized I was laughing.    Next she said, “what are bunions?”

No comments:

Post a Comment