Sunday, March 18, 2018

Dr. Fanta

My best friend had an idea that we could take the children to go to paint some pottery while we were in Park City, Utah on our ski vacation.   It seemed an indoorsy thing to do when we were getting over being outside for so many hours so we called and made arrangements.    We got there and had the entire store to ourselves until just before we left, which was nice.

It turned out we didn’t need much help because painting pottery was pretty simple—even if you couldn’t see what you had and hadn’t painted as in the case of my daughter.   My daughter selected an egg-shaped bowl and painted it in largely pastel colors.   She picked the colors based on my description coupled with the name of the color itself.   So for instance “red” wouldn’t have been as likely to get selected as, “Robin’s Red Splash” would be.

My son worked on his selection with virtually no help.   He picked a ceramic version of a soda can.   He picked colors in red and orange and for a while couldn’t decide if he was going to make a Dr. Pepper can or a Fanta orange can.  In the end he decided to compromise half and half and created what is likely the world’s first ceramic and backwards written, “Dr. Fant” can.  

The finished products were mailed and arrived today.   For dinner my daughter ate her lo mien in her egg bowl and my son drank his water out of his Dr. Fant can.


And yes, we are co-mingling the Amazon Alexa and Google Home Mini.   We’re making them sit beside each other in the hopes they’ll make friends.   They sound enough alike to be sisters separated at birth.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Entrance and Skill Challenge:  My daughter beat my son four to one in endurance and skill challenges today at their private tumbling class.  She held a handstand for longer, climbed the wall edge back and forth more times and hung on to the rings for more iterations than my son.   My son was a good sport about the whole thing though, especially since he goes to two additional classes per week and this class is her private lesson he comes and joins in for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment