Thursday, June 1, 2017

Two Thousand Posts

I pressed the ‘Publish’ button last night and noticed I’d just completed blog post 1999.   I know it’s been a while since I’ve been doing this, namely since my five-and-a-half year old was only a month old, but two thousand posts?   Hard to believe.

I was going back and review some of the posts but I ran out of time today making lunches, doing laundry, facilitating conflict resolution and helping out with pliers and cardboard—something I’ll try to explain in more detail in tomorrow’s post.

Ideally this blog would be mostly about boring things happening in my life here and then a cute little story or words my children said in the lower sections.   But that’s not how it’s netted out recently.   My daughter’s eyes have dominated a lot of this blog for some time.   I don’t mind so much in so far as it’s a good way to communicate what’s happening to friends and family and it’s an excellent way to document over time what’s happening.    But it’s not fun.

So here’s to more fun posts in the next two thousand.   At the rate my children are coming up with things to say and do, I’m fairly sure we’ll have some good stories ahead.

The Big Boy Update:  My daughter took her glasses off to have them cleaned this morning.   My son. who has said this before, said to her, “you look beautiful without your glasses.”   I’m not sure how my daughter takes this.   He means it, but she knows she has to have her glasses to see.    I was happy he had something so kind to say to her though.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter was in the tub doing something unusual.   She had her head pressed up against the side of the tub while it was draining.    She shushed me when I asked, telling me, “I’m hearing the water going through the sewers”.


No comments:

Post a Comment