Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Now List

We have two types of children in our house: the one that wants everything and the one that doesn’t really care about anything.   The one that wants everything, my son, has his wish list.   He’s on and off with the wish list mostly because he’s figured out wish list items are for some day, eventually, when someone has a reason to get you something.   Since my son’s birthday is  close to Christmas, most of the year his wish list seems more a “some day eventually, maybe” list.

My daughter doesn’t have anything on her wish list.  She has a few things my husband or I put there because we had an idea something might work well for her or someone suggested something, but other than that, my daughter is happy with whatever she gets.    I don’t know if she’d have more of a wish list if she could see, it’s hard to tell.    I don’t think she’d have the same length of list my son does though.

My son has come up with a new stratagem to get the things he wants.   Today he explained that <insert super hero thing he told me about this morning> was being put on his, “Now List”.   This list, he explained, was for now, not for later.  What that meant, he explained to me, was that I could go right out now and buy it for him.  

The Big Boy Update:   My son had some work he brought home from school that included something he’d written (apparently a song) and a some notes colored in on sheet music on the lower half.   I asked him what the writing was and he read something about snow to me.   Then I asked what the part at the bottom was.   He looked puzzled and then said, “it’s the alphabet that begins with C and ends with C”.   “Musical notes?” I asked.   “That’s it”, he replied.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We had been talking about magnets and electric cars the day before.   The next day my daughter remembered the conversation and kept talking to me about the ‘electromanic’.

No comments:

Post a Comment