Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Monster

My daughter is seeing our play therapist regularly.   We know she’s having a hard time dealing with the additional and dramatic vision change and her play therapist has been instrumental in helping both her and us deal with the change.   At a recent session she did something Dhruti said was uncommon and not a good sign.

She was lying down on the floor and told Dhruti, “I  want you to be a monster and eat me.   I want you to put pee and poo on me.”   I don’t understand the psychology behind it, but the words alone are enough to be alarming.   Dhruti is helping her and she’s given us some advice on how to help too.    I wish there was more we could do.

Tomorrow we go back to Detroit (because we just can’t stay away) and we’ll see if Dr. Trese does surgery on her left eye to try to improve/regain some of her vision she most recently lost.

The Big Boy Update:  We made a puff pastry this morning that had creme in the middle and chocolate icing on the top.   We served a piece to my son who, after eating loads of calories on his first breakfast, balked and cried out, “I don’t want to eat it!  I don’t want to get fat!”  After negotiating with him we cut the piece in half so he didn’t have to eat as much.   It was a ploy to avoid eating something he didn’t have any experience with but I told him nonetheless he could eat whatever he wanted because he was too young to get fat.    And with his metabolism, that’s completely true.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter came downstairs the morning and started in on a conversation I felt like I missed the first half of because she said, “I just wish we could do something to contact Optimus Prime.”   After several questions I found out she’d been dreaming about the Transformers and contacting Optimus Prime would have made her dream go a lot smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment