Monday, June 12, 2017

It’s No Longer Toast

Remember the saying about toast always landing butter side down?   Seems like the Mythbuster guys proved that one either true or false, I can’t remember but regardless, I have one that’s over and above worse percentage-wise.

USB plugs.   There are two little squares on the “top” (if there is such a thing as a top, I’m not sure) and two slightly different squares on the “bottom” side of the plugs.   The ports don’t seem to have any consistency across plugs and devices on which way they expect to be mated from a top or bottom preference.    But regardless, it feels like eight in ten tries I get it wrong, regardless of how many times I’ve mated the particular plug or device to it’s fellow USB partner.  

I like Lightning plugs, I don’t have to be smart OR observant to get them to work on the first try—every time.

The Big Boy Update:  While we were on vacation my son ate at a restaurant and got hives.   When it happens it’s not pretty.   His face gets red all around his mouth and large white bumps appear.  Sometimes there’s a secondary location, like the back of his knee, which happened the other night.   My son didn’t have anything we knew he was allergic to, dinner being an inconspicuous hamburger.   If we’re with our car we have Benadryl in the back but in this case we were a boat ride away from the vehicle.   He managed well with a bag of ice from the waitress and by the time we got back across the bay he’d gotten over it.    We’ve had some allergy tests run but not a complete workup, mostly nuts.  Fortunately reactions like the one the other day are uncommon.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We ordered a blind cane for my daughter just like the one she uses with her Orientation and Mobility teacher.   She is going to have some extra sessions over the summer to help continue to build her skills until she starts school in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment