Friday, June 3, 2016

Slacker Radio

Our two cars have a subscription to Slacker Radio.   It’s very much like Pandora, which was one of the first services to popularize the on-demand, customizable and personalizable music services.   It was originally something I didn’t expect to enjoy or use much, but it has become the only thing I listen to in the cars.  

I’ve mentioned before how the children can ask for a particular song or artist and Slacker can find it quickly and easily.   It’s so quick and responsive that my children sometimes ask “why isn’t the song playing?” when it’s been not ten seconds since I asked the car to play a particular selection.

We’ve added stations for all sorts of things that would make most people laugh if they looked at our list.   We have a Rubber Ducky station, a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers station and a station for The Continents.  

Slacker isn’t something I thought I would like, but our whole family appreciates it every day when we ride in the car.

The Big Boy Update:  After swim practice yesterday my son needed to go to the bathroom.   He was holding his crotch and cringing and I didn’t think he was going to make it home in time.   We pulled up in the driveway and I opened the door, telling him he could just pee in the yard.    When he got out, instead of going right where he was he ran over behind one specific bush in the front yard.   It was then I remembered he likes going behind this particular bush of late.     I’m glad he was able to make it home…and to his favorite bush.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter used some swim goggles today.   She liked them, not wanting to take them off.   I don’t know how she sees, but even with the goggle perimeter, the lack of corrective lenses and the fogging up of the surface, she was able to navigate around.    

No comments:

Post a Comment