Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Scheduling

I’m cross.   I’m mad.  And I’m irritated.   This is about scheduling.   I have one husband who manages to wash behind his ears, take care of our children and even cook delicious meals for our family.    I have two small children that don’t look like they could possibly be that much trouble.   What I don’t understand is how I can come downstairs an hour-and-a-half later still be working on scheduling things for our family.

It’s not like I put off scheduling of family events.   When things come in I put them on the calendar.   When I make an appointment I add it right away.   When I find out we have a dinner invitation I message a sitter (or two) and lock down child care for the evening.   I work for a month or more in advance to coordinate dates and times for music therapy, play therapy and other bulk-scheduled items.   And yet, I find myself still at the computer, wondering how it all went to scheduling hell so quickly from yesterday when I thought I had it all under control.

I am just being cranky tonight because I didn’t conjure an exciting evening after getting two not-sleepy children to sleep to be taken up with emails, calendars, text messages and other scheduling things.

My husband heard me make a very rude noise at my desk and has come over, asking how he can help.   I said something very sarcastic to him but he remained steadfast and said there must be something he could do.   And I did have a few things he could help with.   Instead of watching a movie, he’s now helping me.    What a guy.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was looking at a watercolor painting my daughter did over a month ago on our refrigerator.   He looked at it and said, “it’s still wet after all this time…”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This is one of those comments I don’t know where it came from.   In the car for no particular conversational or song-related reason she said, “I wish that I was a vampire because they sleep in the morning and are awake at night.”

Fitness Update:   My husband made dinner tonight and noticed I didn’t put any rice on my plate.   He said, “are you not eating rice since you haven’t exercised since the triathlon?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment