Wednesday, December 21, 2011

There, I've done it.  I pressed the create button and now I have a blog.  But do I have anything to say?  I have plenty to blog about while I'm sitting in the tub at the end of the night, reflecting on the day.  I mentally write blog entries in my head while I relax to the completely absent sound of children crying.  I make plans to write that first blog entry tomorrow morning, first thing, right after feeding the children, and getting organized.  Then, bam, the time is gone and it's the next night and I'm back in the tub.  

That being said, I have no idea how spotty blog entries will be.  I make no promises that they will be interesting, entertaining or even well-written.  This is a project more for me.  It's also a hope to try and get some general things written down as they happen.  The sort of thing people did with real paper in the past and called them "diaries."  How amazing would it be to look back twenty years from now and know a few things that happened in my life on this very day. 

So I shall try to get here fairly frequently and say something or other.  One thing I plan on adding at the end of every entry is a bit about what the children have done or are doing.  You think you're going to remember everything as they grow up, and then you realize you can't even remember what was happening this time last year. 

The Big Boy Update:  Recently, we're trying to get my son off formula.  We tried some toddler milk-like formula as he's a year now and needs to get off the baby formula.  Fifteen minutes after eating it, food and milk is everywhere.  We weren't smart enough to figure out the connection the first time.  That, or we liked completely washing his linens, bed bumper and him after a tiring day.  So now we're moving to working in milk with the baby formula.  No more vomiting, whew.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She is sleeping quite well at night.  Not through the night, oh no.  Not at six weeks.  But she's doing a good job of sleeping a bit longer, eating a bit more, and then going right back to sleep.  She's more wakeful during the day, and is just plain cute all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment