Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ocular Assistance
(Or Back To Bad Eyes)

My eyes have been getting worse over the years, much like most of my friends.  A few years ago I went to see if I was a candidate for lasik.  It turns out that I did have some options, but they wouldn't address anything if I was either pregnant, nursing or trying to get pregnant.  Since we were trying to get pregnant, I told them I'd be back in a few years. 

I was wondering how I was going to fare, as my vision was frustrating, and becoming more difficult to correct, when I got pregnant.  Magically, a few weeks later I completely forget about my vision issues.  It was a few weeks after that that I realized it was because I was pregnant.  I suppose if you're going to have a live, moving, energy-sapping body inside yours, the benefit of better vision and bonus of never being cold, is a nice compensation.

About six weeks after having my son, boom, I was back to crap vision.  Then a few weeks later, I was pregnant again and ahhh, my vision was great again.  So now, I have a six-week-old daughter and no plans to have a third baby and vision that's getting worse daily.  But nursing will be over in a few months and I'll be back at the doctor's office. 

The Big Boy Update:  Duck, Duck, every day.  I don't think it's a real word, but it's one of his favorite things to say.  I believe it might represent all nouns.  He points and says "duck" at things all day long.    Additionally, there's a lot of "buh buh bah bah" conversations going on when he's playing with his toys.   He got his hair cut after lunch.  Much less-shaggy looking now.   And yet, he still managed to get bed head during his afternoon nap.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: She's such a good baby at night.  Eating quickly and going back to sleep.  Already, she's reducing the amount she's eating during the nighttime meals.  But we pay during the day.  She's hungry more frequently and for more amounts.   She's got her eyes open a lot now too.  It's nice to watch her look at you or other things in close proximity as she's spending more time awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment