Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pre-Christmas Carnage

It's Christmas morning and people are waking up.  I'm quietly sneaking down to the basement to get a quick post off.  The presents are still wrapped, the house is in relative order.  In short, it's gonna get messy soon.

My one-year-old is just figuring out presents.  But even at this young age, the focus on Christmas has shifted from adults, to everyone getting excited for the baby, even if he doesn't understand what's going on himself.  It's really nice.  Or, rather, it'll be nice until the children get old enough to start to expect gifts to be lavished upon them.  Hopefully we can prevent that from happening.  But we have such great family and friends who are so giving and kind.  At any rate, I'm looking forward to a fun morning of Christmas with family.

This evening we have our Christmas Day Dinner, something we took over from my parent's best friends, the Perkins, several years ago.  It's just about my favorite thing of Christmas.  I love all the people who come to dinner, and you couldn't ask for a merrier crowd.

The Big Boy Update:  There's an ongoing diaper dilemma with my son.  Now that the milk/formula/vomit situation is under control, he's started blowing out is diaper in the middle of the night.  The bed gets wet and he cries because he's confused and uncomfortable.  It looks like we're going to have to find some of those extra-absorbent nighttime diapers for him as soon as the stores open after Christmas.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Six point two ounces!  She only weighs a bit over eight pounds and somehow yesterday evening she managed to eat over six ounces of milk.  I fear at this rate I won't be able to keep up with her hunger.  Signing off to go eat some oatmeal for breakfast.  I hear it can help boost milk supply.

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment