Thursday, December 22, 2011

Don't Look Back 

Or rather, don't read back, just press post. Something I thought would bog me down with these posts would be the reading and re-reading I would do before I felt a post was ready.  My sister-in-law, Adrienne, did did a post one day with no proofing.  It was a nice long post which read well, sounded just like all her other posts, and I'm hoping took a lot less time to complete.  So, I though that would be my plan for the whole blog.  No revising, just writing and posting.  If it contains poor grammar or lack of punctuation, I'll just have to get on the ball for future posts.

Speaking of Adrienne, she was a great inspiration to me to finally start this blog.  I had just delivered my daughter and was up in the middle of the night feeding her with not much to do.  I'd catch Adrienne's entries shortly after she published them from the West Coast from my iPad while nursing.   So thank you Adrienne, for being that cross-country, no-pressure, friendly motivator I needed to get posting.

I've got my six week checkup at the obstetrician in thirty minutes, as my daughter is six weeks old now.  So... I'd better wrap this up.

The Big Boy Update:  We had Christmas with my parents last night early due to travel schedules.  I'm not sure my son at twelve months knows the difference between a toy and the wrapping the toy came in, but he had a great time opening presents.  He carried an empty bag around for a good while and laughed at everyone.  He got a vintage xylophone from the 1960's from my father that he had a great time banging on.  Fortunately, that was the only loud toy this year for Christmas.  .

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She likes to be awake more during the day now.  I had her in her "My Auntie Knows Santa" onesie from aunts Adrienne and Brenda for the Christmas present opening photos.  Alas, it got spit up on one too many times and she couldn't stay awake for the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment