Thursday, December 29, 2011


The Pound Countdown
 
The weight is coming off.  I’m not superstitious, but I’ve not wanted to say anything to people in case the weight loss stops and I even regain some.  But, so far, so good.  After having my son, I lost most of the weight fairly fast.  But I was ten pounds over the weight I was when I got pregnant with him when I got pregnant again.  Seven weeks after delivering, I’m back to the weight I was when I got pregnant with her.  If I can keep losing at a reasonable pace, I should be back in so many things in my closet that I’ve only been able to look at for the last two years.   

Losing weight is not fun, always a challenge, and usually frustrating.  Having been on restricted activity with this last pregnancy, my cardiovascular health is terrible.  In addition to being more active now, I’m able to get a lot of things done that I had to just put off until the baby was safely born.  My “to do” list is starting to get “to done”.

Nineteen pounds to go to get back to my ideal weight.  I wasn’t where I wanted to be when I got pregnant the first time, now that I’m a middle-aged mother, I’d better get on the ball and at least keep my weight under control before everything else starts to go.

The Big Boy Update:  Dribble, dribble, slam dunk.   This is how he tries to play basketball with his new toddler hoop: Drop the basketball on the floor, wave your hands around like you’re trying to dribble while the ball rolls away.  Chase the ball, kick it accidentally.  Get to the ball, pick it up, walk over to the basket and drop it into the hoop.  Smile at everyone who is cheering for you. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Seven weeks is such a good age to take a baby somewhere.  We had a dinner party to attend tonight and needed to take her.  As long as she’s filled up with food, she’ll sleep for hours.  People didn’t even notice there was a baby in the room for a good while until someone realized there was a car seat in the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment