Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Four Hours

I'm tired and am getting in bed so I'm making this short.   I took the dog for a walk with my neighbor on Saturday and something went awry in my back.   It's been several days of inflammation and spasming muscles but it's finally calming down.  I haven't been getting as much sleep with last night at only an hour-and-a-half.   After I press publish on this post I'm going to sleep immediately.

Today I ran into an unexpected loss of four hours, maybe five.  It was an unusual thing involving insurance.  We had switched out a medication last month to one that would hopefully help me more while being easier on my system at the same time.  There was the priorauth that had to happen but it went without a hitch and the medication filled in less than a day.

So it was surprising to go and pick up the refill this month to find out it was $736.   I had two people on the phone from the insurance company and they were talking to the pharmacist on and off on speakerphone for an hour and fifty minutes.   The thing is—the insurance company has no record they covered it.   They have no information at all about how the cost I got last month was arrived at, there are no coupons involved, the medication hasn't changed coverage tiers, my insurance hasn't changed.  Nothin we the four of us could think of could explain it.

The pharmacist had all the information on their side showing details of how the insurance company had covered it.   I had my paperwork showing the same thing from when I picked it up.   We're looking into things more, but I was out of luck for this month so the only thing I could do was (and this was fortunate I could do this) call and get in quickly with my provider.   There was no way I could leave a message with his nurse, the situation was too complicated.   But for an office visit copay, Lawrence and I could figure out what plan B would at least for this month.

It's always good to see Lawrence and he and I did come up with a solution.   It was well worth going in as he had some ideas with pros and cons and we hopefully picked the best interim solution.   It's a good thing my husband was able to be home with the children, being teacher dad, while I ran the quick errand up to get my prescription this morning that turned into most of the school day.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Physical Bad Behavior Update:  My husband came in from the trampoline after dinner and said both children had been acting badly and not listening.   I can't get near the trampoline with this back out of wack thing I have going on, but I got to hear in great detail the injustices done by each child to the other and how from their father they were bending the story in their own direction.   They didn't want him to pull up the video showing how one of them, "accidentally kicked" the other one just after not getting their way.   My husband is really liking the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment