Sunday, February 25, 2018

Where’s The Blog Post?

I feel sort of special tonight because it would appear I have blog fans.   My mother-in-law was texting my husband and me and mentioned she’d checked and noticed there wasn’t a blog put up yet today for her and Papa to read to find out about our ski trip.    With the time change and the time it seems to take to get large groups moving, especially when it comes to all the gear associated with skiing, I wasn’t sure when I was going to get to this post tonight. 

It’s close to eight o’clock now and we’re waiting on pizza to be delivered.   My daughter had a chocolate donut for lunch and then some granola bars later topped off with oreo cookies.    My food wasn’t much more impressive.   We’ve been so busy since arriving we haven’t had a chance to get to the grocery store to stock the refrigerator.   Thankfully the three guy friends of Matt’s who are staying in the other condo two doors down had the presence of mind to go get food for this morning.     I don’t know if they were expecting to be invaded by six children and four adults for breakfast but they seemed to not mind us cleaning them out.   

Mundane details about getting to the ski mountain, getting skis, lift tickets, finding the location for ski school for the various levels we had across the six children, dealing with different lesson end times and transit to and from was, of course, mood elevating.  But lessons were had and we all managed to get there and back without too much incident.  

My daughter had a lesson with the National Ability Center in Park City.   There were blind people skiing, amputees, people who’s disability wasn’t discernible but seemed to be having a good time in spite of the reason that brought them there.    My husband found out about this and it was a so nice he did.    My daughter had a personal instructor for the first half of the day.   She really liked him.  And she learned a lot from him.   She was rather less impressed with me the second half of the day because my skiing skills are not great.   I haven’t skied in four years and hadn’t had much time to remember how to ski.  

My son was in all-day ski school.   He did quite well and will be in the next level up class on Tuesday.   My daughter has a full day lesson with someone from the National Ability Center on Tuesday at Solitude, the other mountain we’re going to.  

My husband, Matt and his friends are off on black diamonds.   My best friend and I are hoping to ski together without the encumbrance of children only we think she tore her calf muscle at the end of the day today.   She’s asleep now.   We’ll find out more in the morning but I think she may be out for the week.   

The Big Boy Update:  My children separate very easily.   They don’t mind that we’re off doing something and they’re with people they’ve never met before.   I found my son multiple times today while skiing.   I raced him down the mountain and was completely beaten by him.    The other times I saw him I’d call out, he’d look over, wave and then carry on.   

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was completely not bothered by the fact that she couldn’t see  but had these fast-moving skis on.   She left me behind several times when she and I were alone.   She remembered all the things she’d learned from Jared and when I called out to her she listened and did what I told her to do.    I’m interested to see how much better she’ll be after a full day’s lesson on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment