Saturday, September 26, 2015

Back Seat Bad Idea

We have a different kind of car seats now for the children that can be quickly and easily moved from one car or seat to another.   On a whim, last week I moved one of the seats to the third row.   We had a nice time having an adult sit beside each child.

For school, the seat was returned to its usual spot but this weekend we moved the seat back again to the third row, because it’s a lot easier for an adult to get into the second row and eliminates crawling over a seat from one side.     This, however, turned out to be a bad idea.

There were arguments.   There was crying.   Jockeying for position to get first in the car was observed and parents yelled (that would be me.)  

Unequal is never as good as equal when it comes to children.

The Big Boy Update:   My son wanted to catch fish with fishing nets my mother-in-law had gotten for them today.  My son didn’t catch any, but my husband caught several small fish at the edge of the shore at an inlet.   My son wanted to feel the fish and we let him reach down into the bucket to touch the fish.   He touched it, snatched his hand back and said it tickled.   About that time the fish jumped out of the bucket.   My son screamed and ran after it as it swam away.   He was so excited, running in circles in the splash, he confused the fish and my husband re-caught him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter asked us to close the doors to the laundry room closet on her this afternoon.   When she was shut inside in the dark she yelled out, “I am the queen of night!”

No comments:

Post a Comment