Thursday, March 8, 2018

Bookshelves

My daughter’s braillest has been sending home “books” she’s been making for my daughter.   She wants there to be a library of books she can read at night.   My husband and I just ended the night with him working with my daughter and me working with my son to have them practice their reading.

I re-organized their books (and braille books) so that they each have a small “shelf” of books on one of their dressers of books that are appropriate to their reading level.   Only my son had added some additional books he liked, regardless of reading level.

My daughter’s skill in reading braille continues to increase and my son’s ability to read is going through leaps and bounds of late.   I was surprised when my son decided to read, “Dragon’s Love Tacos” tonight instead of the easier, Dogman, comic book he’s been working through.  

I was duly impressed as he read through long and difficult multi-syllablic words.   He read some of the sentences so quickly I would have suspected he had the book memorized only we hadn’t read the book in quite some time.    He’s got reading to the point he can teach himself now.

The Big Boy Update: At music therapy today my son had a good time with Chelsea.   She was teaching him how to play “Axel F” from Beverly Hills Cop.   But apparently she wasn’t all that because he told her, “I am not impressed with you.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicle:  My daughter has finally gotten over her cold.   For a good while she was blowing her nose so regularly it seemed as though it was constant.   She even slept with a box of tissues in her bed.   I asked her one day just before we went on vacation how long her one nostril had been stopped up.   She said, “it’s been like a year now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment