Friday, March 3, 2017

Trails Marathon

Tomorrow morning my best friend and I are running the most challenging marathon we've done before. We did it last year and due to an unexpected issue with her children following us for a bit and then not wanting to go back alone, we ran an extra mile over the marathon distance.  This year, we're shooting for just the standard 26.2.

This marathon is in the park across from our neighborhood that is very hilly to start, but has added single track trails for approximately seven miles of the race over rocks, roots and pine straw, adding to the excitement, danger, fun and of cours exhaustion.

It's going to be freezing when the race starts, which won't be fun, but by the end we'll be in the fifties, although a twenty degree temperature swing will be challenging to dress for,   See you on the other side tomorrow as I try and hold my head up to write tomorrow night's post. 

The Big Boy Update:  my son still pronounces "little" as "yiddle". I pointed it out to him the other day and tonight he asked me which was was the correct way to pronounce the word.  All his cute little boy words will be gone soon. 

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  my daughter decided she wanted rainbow sherbet for dessert at the restaurant tonight.  She got most of it in her mouth. Watching her happily eat it was well worth it though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment