Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Put My High Heels On

My husband and father-in-law played golf and were out most of the day today.   They had a good time and while they were gone, my mother-in-law, the children and I spent most of the day in their backyard pool.    We played with just about every single pool toy, inflatable and attachment based on the amount of pool you couldn’t see after everything was in the mix.

The children weren’t able to stay out of the pool and we finally let them in at eight in the morning when the heat circulation had warmed it up enough to be comfortable.   The sun wasn’t even up over the roofline for another half-hour, but we were still out having fun at noon.

After the dads came back we went to an early dinner at Sweet Tomatoes, because it’s Valentine’s Day and we weren’t about to risk a long wait or no availability at another restaurant,  We went to dinner early and got home just as it was getting dark.  

My daughter is having fun with Papa, my husband is working on a TV/sound system update for my in-laws and I’ve been helping my son with a Lego set he’s been working on.  He kept singing, “I put my high heels on” from time to time.   He asked me what song it was from and I didn’t know.    He told me I knew.    I couldn’t figure it out.  Then he asked me what high heels were.

It was about five minutes later I realized he was talking about, “Cheap Thrills” by Sia.    I played it on my phone for him and we both sang along.

The Big Boy Update:  Speaking of music choices, my son and I have the same tastes in music frequently.   Right now he and I both like listening to Deadmau5.   He asked me to play, “Phantoms Can’t Hang” while we were finishing up his Lego.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my husband was getting ready to leave for golf.   He was putting sunscreen on his face and stuck his whitened face out of the bathroom saying, “anyone want to see my Kabuki mask?”  My daughter ran over to him and said, “I want a poopie mask!”

No comments:

Post a Comment