Saturday, October 14, 2023

Acne Control (Among Other Things)

Well I didn't expect this to be happening so early, but based on recommendations from my friends who are both physicians and obstetricians, my daughter started taking birth control today.   I realize it is a controversial stance, but the reasons for it have nothing to do with preventing pregnancy but all the other benefits that will go along with it such as less cramping, lighter and shorter monthly cycles or eliminating some months altogether and having a cycle four times a year instead.  Plus acne reduction, to name a few. 

My daughter very much wanted to reduce her acne—and she was having quite a lot of it.  After I told her about the possibility, she pestered me to please get her an appointment.   She is now on a three-month trial, after which we will access how it's going, both from her perspective and her doctor's (who happens to be my best friend's husband).     

As for pregnancy, my daughter still doesn't fully understand the mechanics necessary to get pregnant, and I'm dodging that question until she's a little older, especially since physical contact with boys is still firmly in the "eww" stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment