Monday, May 21, 2018

Oscopy Buddies

Today it turned out my mother-in-law and I both had procedures done.   I had an upper GI endoscopy and she had a lower one.  I don’t know if she knew I was having mine and I definitely didn’t know she was having hers.   My husband was the middle man, letting us each know about the other.

My mother-in-law’s procedure was routine and, “she passed with flying colors” as my mother would say.  My procedure was elective or perhaps becoming more necessary as time went on.   Mine was to address the swallowing issue I’ve had that’s been progressing.

I have a lot of hardware in my neck, which has compressed my esophagus in one area.   Three years ago I had the same procedure done to make sure there was nothing wrong, and as a result of the scope itself, I was able to swallow without problems for over two years.  

Today’s procedure also showed no issues other than a small area of extrinsic compression found in the upper third of the esophagus.  I’ll know soon if it helped with my swallowing issue.   There were no areas they needed to stretch or biopsy, which is good news indeed.

If all I need is a ten minute scope every three years to continue to swallow with ease, I’ll be more than happy to have one.

The Big Boy Update: My son drew this picture of his father.   He told dad (who has dark brown hair), “someday you’re going to have to dye your hair red to match this picture.”


The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter hates to have shoes on.   Or socks.   The moment she gets into the house she takes them off and waits until the last minute to put them on before we leave.   She’s always preferred to have her feet uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment