Thursday, January 25, 2018

Color Mutations

My daughter doesn’t see colors correctly anymore.   There is pigmentation or scar tissue behind her left retina.   I thought it was two different things or one thing and then later another thing but apparently it’s the same anomaly behind her retina, Dr. Trese has just described it in different ways.

Will it resolve?  Highly likely that it won’t and there isn’t a surgery to correct it.    Is it changing though or getting better?  That’s hard to say.   If my daughter could analyze and give us objective data over time I could tell you more but we’re going on observational data from a six-year-old that doesn’t want to talk about it other than asking us what color something is and then happily operating under the new information once we tell her it’s a green seven or a blue six card in Crazy 8’s.

Her music therapist was able to get information from her last week though and the interesting thing about it was my daughter offered it up voluntarily.    They were doing a game with the silks Chelsea keeps with her music materials and my daughter explained to her she gets the following confused:
  • Purple, Red and Orange
  • Green & Blue
  • Light Pink & Yellow
I don’t know how or if we can help her out with those specifics yet, but if we can make accommodations in something she does regularly, we’ll try to. 

The Big Boy Update:  I was driving my son home from occupational therapy on Tuesday and we were coming up on our chiropractor’s office.   I said to him, “do you need to go to the chiropractor, we’re driving by his office.   Last time you didn’t tell me when your back had been hurting for a while.”  My son asked questioningly, “you mean Dr. Baldie?  Wait, what was his name?  No, I’m good.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter asked me, “when we make cookies next time can I help with a knife?”   I asked her how she thought she could help with a knife.   She said, “I can cut the butter; it’s very easy, I did it at Morgan’s house.”   She is very careful with a knife, I told her she could certainly help next time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment