Thursday, October 8, 2015

Arsenal

The Big Boy is Definitely a Boy Update:  My daughter has had a lot of posts featuring her lately so tonight instead I thought I’d write about my son.  

I don’t have the level of testosterone in my system my little son does.   I don’t know if it’s testosterone or boy genes or brain chemistry but I can tell you this, it is nature, not nurture that makes my son love weapons and fighting and action and aggression, but there is something that makes that, “he’s a boy” statement one of the most simple and understandable things any parent can say by means of an explanation (or excuse.)

My son got a new toy yesterday evening, but he wasn’t allowed to open it on account of there being a “yittle bit of poop in my underpants.”   It was a relatively cheap small toy, but he had to wait until today.    When he did open it he played with it for hours.   He picked it out at a discount store.   It was some sort of opening wall or gate thing.   There was a man on a cart and then there were all these items that looked like little weapons.    I didn’t pay much attention at the time.

What it was was some sort of gate/weapon rack and all those little weapons were in fact little weapons and each could be stored by hooking on to the gate thing.   I didn’t say anything to my son and he didn’t have the instructions, but he didn’t need them because he knew what to do to rack an arsenal of weapons.  

Speaking of arsenal, I told him, “nice arsenal you have there.”  He asked me what ‘arsenal’ meant and I explained.   Next month I’m going to see if I can work ‘panoply’ into his vocabulary.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s vision goes from dismal to good to and then back to dismal in a span of ten minutes.   It’s mostly what you’re trying to tell if she can see and what your expectations are of the results.    She can see some things I don’t expect her to see though, like several nights ago when she was in bed and the room was lit only by the night light.   She said, “mom, can you close that door?”  She was pointing to the closet door across the room that was open, with darker area where the opening was.   She was able to discern the different amounts of light in the dark room.

No comments:

Post a Comment