Monday, August 3, 2015

You Must Be Driving a Tesla

I drove up to the Starbucks drive through this morning and the person on the other end of the mic said, “you must be driving a Tesla, because I didn’t hear you drive up.”  I laughed, told him next time I would make some, Rrrr Rrrr engine sounds if that would help.   He chuckled and said that would be great.

When I picked up my drink I asked him if he had a lot of Tesla cars drive through.  He said there were a few, but it was the complete silence coupled with a ding that told him I had pulled around.

I drove to school and happened to arrive at the same time as a friend who had just gotten a Tesla only a few weeks before.   I told her the story and said,  “I suspect a camera, even though I can’t find evidence of one.  Either way, it’s a great story and I had to share it with a fellow Tesla owner.

The Big Boy Update:  My son has said before that Pahmer is, “small as a mouse.”   Pahmer’s size has always remained fairly constant in his mind it seems, but he’s able to do size comparisons more easily now.   When he saw his vitamin in what was clearly a representational image of Pahmer (or Barney Rubble) it changed how he described him.   He was telling me the next morning how Pahmer was, “big as a mouse.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter started talking about things she liked on the way to camp this morning.  She told us she liked the sky; she told us she liked the sun and then she told us she liked the  ‘white part.’   When we got to camp she rethought her comment and said, “the clouds, I like the clouds too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment