Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The New Baby

We have a new baby in our family as of yesterday.   My husband and I heard the children pretending to be playing with, “the baby” a lot recently so we decided to go and get one they could interact with.

We went to Target and there were several options.   We opted for the fourteen-inch baby sitting in a feeding seat with a tray and some food.    We also got a separate small car seat/cradle the children could move the baby around in.

It has been interesting watching my two children care for this small, plastic model of a human child.    They have been both diligent, careful and reckless in how they’ve fed it, washed it and toted it around the house.  

Overall, I think the baby would be alive but bruised if it was a real child.   It would also be very over-fed, although I’m not sure how well it would have swallowed all the popcorn they decided it needed.

They haven’t said yet weather the baby is a girl or a boy.   They also haven’t named it.    We’ll see how their relationship with their new baby develops.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is still having trouble streaking his underpants.   Yesterday I was talking to him and he told me, “I don’t like my butt.   I want your butt.”  I told him he would learn how to hear the messages from his body and he would figure it out.    Today at lunch he was definitely not paying attention and unfortunately made a big mess in his pants.   I’m trying to find something that matters to him.   When we got into the bathroom stall I told him unfortunately we’d have to throw his favorite “Crusher” underpants away.   I didn’t want to throw them away, but I knew the punishment would be worse for him.    He cried and asked me if we could go back and get them and put them in a bag.   I told him we couldn’t and I didn’t have a bag.    Hopefully he’ll remember the lesson.   We shall see.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter’s friend is named Madison.   My daughter calls her, “Badison.”  We practiced today saying, “muh, muh, Madison.”  My daughter tried several times, but it always came out, “muh, muh, Badison.”

Fitness Update:  I ran about two miles going to and from the fitness room and adding a loop around the big block.   I did the upper body machine when I got to the fitness room and then when I left, something strange happened:  as I ran, my arms and shoulders felt heavy.   They felt huge and out of proportion.    Could it have been the result of all the blood flowing to the muscles from the workout I’d just finished?   The sensation went away after about two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment